Tuesday, April 28, 2009

DC Universe


When Hasbro announced that all of their effort would be put into their Marvel Universe line it seemed to spell certain doom for the fans of the 6" scale Marvel Legends. I was one of those collectors who hailed the Marvel Legends line as a line that appealed to me on pretty much every level. So in a lot of ways Hasbro took the ball and dropped it. No, they just laid it down and abandoned it and Mattel picked it up, erased marvel and put DC in it's place, and ran with it for what seems to be a glorious touchdown.


I think Hasbro is learning the hard way that their Marvel Universe 3.75" figures is not proving to be the cash cow they felt it would be. Now this may be too soon to tell and I am absolutely certain that Hasbro is too proud to admit defeat and again it may be too soon to tell. But I have to give props to Mattel for giving me a line that makes the wait for the Marvel Legends line absolutely enjoyable.

Enjoy the pics.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

FYI: G'Nort and Supergirl are from 2 separate DC related toy lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment